Hot Dog Buns / Sausage Rolls
Sausage Rols or Hot Dog Buns - Prepare this with Sweet Bun Dough and sausage of your choice.
- Hot Dog or Sausage Rolls
- 240g Sweet Bun Dough for savoury fill (Details HERE)
- Hot Dog sausages
- Cinnamon powder
- Evaporated Milk
- Curry Powder
- Spring Onions (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Prepare 240g sweet dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions - about 5-7 rounds.
- Flatten the dough to an oblong shape, long enough for the sausage to be placed in the centre. Place the sausage and cut 5 lines (at an angle) on the dough, on both sides of the sausage
- Fold the first cut portion on the right over the sausage, then the cut portion on left over it. Continue to fold to make a plaited pattern to the end.
- Place all buns on a greased baking tray. Leave them to rest for about 35 minutes or till double the size.
- Preheat the oven to 190 deg.C
- Brush evaporated milk over the buns. Sieve some curry powder and cinnamon powder on to of the buns. (Optional: Pipe mayonnaise on to of the buns and sprinkle some shredded spring onions)
- Bake the buns at 190deg C for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.